Saturday, November 9, 2013

Russian and Austrian Country Evening


Yesterday evening was the second country evening of the year organized by AFS. Russia was presented by Stepan and Clemens talked about Austria. The other exchange students and I got to hear the Russian national anthem, see some wonderfull pictures, and learn about perchten. Perchten are austrian events, which take place a couple of times a year. During the event, people wear scary masks, these masks are supposed to scare away the demons during the winter.
After the presentations, there was traditional delicious russian and austrian food.
Russian Flag 

Austrian Flag 

Perchten mask 

Tonight I watched a part of an Ice Hockey match with Milla (my youngest hostsister) and Simo (my hostfather).  Finland won against the Czech Republic. I'm not exactly a sportfan, so the only things I could really comment on were the audience, the music and the cuteness of the players... But it was an interesting experience. Tomorrow there's a Sweden - Finland match, and this time I'll probably watch the whole match.  



No comments:

Post a Comment