Thursday, December 26, 2013

Joulu – Christmas


Hello everybody,

I hope you had a merry Christmas. Mine was amazing.

On the 23rd, I decorated the Christmas tree and the house with my hostfamily. The house is now filled with elves and Joulupukki (Santa Claus) drawings, there is even snow hanging from the ceiling above the staircase.

The 24th started with a traditional Christmas breakfast: riisipuuro (rice porridge) with cinnamon and a bit of sugar. Then we each went to joulusauna, put on fancy clothes, and after that ate a traditional Christmas meal, ham with mashed potatoes. :p My hostfamily and I then went to Church for the Christmas service. It was quite interesting for me because it was my first time. I didn’t understand what was said, but I did sing along though… A short while after we arrived back home, joulupukki came! He distributed all the presents, and we made some group pictures. It was so much fun, I was very excited!!! I received a lot of fun presents: scarves, socks, a handbag, a book to learn Finnish, and chocolate.
In short, it was a wonderful Christmas filled with fun, laughter, love, presents and food!








 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment