Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hiihtolomma - Winter Holidays

Winter holidays... Sounds like music to my ears! And here is why:

On monday, I went to Tampere to meet my friends. We showed the city to some other students who live near Seinajoki (Western Finland), and just hung out and made pictures... 


On tuesday, I joined my friend Afia and her contactperson Tiina. We went swimming, and I discovered I actually missed swimming... I promessed myself to do something about that...Then, we went to eat in a Japanese and Chinese restaurant. 
Afterwards, we went to pick up our friend Azusa at her home and we all went to Tiina's home where we had some coffee and we gave ourselves a treat since we had done some exercise. :p We later also played some games on Tiina's Wii Fit (playstation). 

On wednesday, Tiina, Afia, Azusa and I went to Vapriiki museum in Tampere. Vapriiki is a variation on the Swedish word "fabrik" which means "factory". Indeed, Vapriikki used to be a factory where they produced textile and also iron products, including locomotives and damask cloths of linen. Vapriikki offers many different exhibitions, such as the Natural History Museum...

Afia, Azusa and me

... the Shoe museum ...



... Innovations exhibition... 




... the Toy Museum 




... and the Finnish Ice hockey Hall of Fame. 






Thursday was a quiet resting day. 
Friday, I just hung out with Afia and Azusa in the city center of Tampere. 
Saturday, I welcomed my friend Joy. She is also a Belgian exchange student and she lives in Mikkeli (Eastern Finland). After picking her up at the station, we went to Pyynikintori with my host mother. Pyynikintori is a tower, at the base of this tower there is a cafe where you can have the best pulla (pastry) of Finland, and at the top you can see a beautiful panorama of Tampere. 





Joy 




Afterwards, I walked around with Joy in the center of Tampere, and showed her my favourite spots. 

Today (sunday), Joy and I went to the Muuminmuseum, it was so nice it brought right back to childhood! 









No comments:

Post a Comment