Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Busy weekend with friends

Moi! This weekend was a long one, first because it was test week at school but I didn't have any tests on thursday and Friday, secondly because I did a lot of different things.

On Thursday, the weather was nice so I decided to go and discover the area by bike. I did a big tour of Ylöjärvi but I forgot my camera so I couldn't take any pictures...

On Friday, friends from school came to visit me. I made a risotto and a chocolate cake - of course. I was very happy because I hadn't seen my friends in a while since they're on study-leave and I was even happier to see they liked my cooking! We had a very nice time.

On Saturday, I met with other exchange students in Tampere, also some came from Helsinki, Espoo, Riihimäki or Kokkola. We met for Kiss/Hug an Exchange Student Day. Even though Finnish people are shy, we still gathered a lot of hugs, I had about 30 hugs...




(Pictures by Merih Kaner)

In the evening/night, I went out with my friend Nele - she is also a Belgian exchange student and she lives in Lappeenranta, near Riihimäki - and my host brother and his friends. Except for my choice of shoes, it was really awesome!

On Sunday, it was the Mexican and Costa Rican country day, I didn't know a lot about those countries so I was very keen to learn! After the presentations, we could eat traditional food from Costa Rica and Mexico, which was absolutely delicious!

I loved my weekend!!!!!! But it is probably no surprise that I went straight to bed when I got home after the country day...

No comments:

Post a Comment