Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pietarsaari


Last week from Wednesday to Friday, I went to Pietarsaari (Western Finland, about 100km North from Vaasa) on a short exchange, other exchange students came too. I stayed with a Swedish speaking family, which was very nice and interesting.
On Thursday and Friday, I went to school with the other exchange students also. It was a Finnish speaking school in the same building as the Swedish school. Thursday, I joined a history class, an English class, a French class, and a Swedish class. I understood next to nothing in history and in Swedish class but I very much enjoyed English and French.







Also on Thursday, I went to meet the other exchange students and their host families at a place where they make tonttus (Christmas elves)












The next day, I went to Finnish, biology, religion and art class. After school, I visited pietarsaari with my friends.












Saturday, we all went to Kokkola (a bigger city about 40km away), walked around, ate and walked around some more.










Sunday, to end the short exchange in style, my host mother and one of her daughters took my friend Kanako and I to their summer house.






No comments:

Post a Comment