Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter weekend

Last weekend was Easter weekend. I was surprised by its importance. In Belgium, my home country, I feel like its mainly celebrated by families with little kids with egg hunts. Here, I had a long weekend which I spent with my host families.
 

On Friday, my host brothers and host sister, and also some friends. It was delicious! Especially desert! There was a mämmi cake (traditional Finnish desert, typical for Easter), a cheese cake and a chocolate cake, that I made.





The next day, I went to my host family's summer cottage with them. It was absolutely beautiful! The place is so quiet, the only I could hear were people cutting down trees. When we arrived, I was so amazed, I took some pictures and then just when to sit in a chair and read and just enjoy the peace and quiet. I loved it!!





On Sunday, I went to see my first host family. I stayed there the night also. It was nice to spend some time with them. I helped the parents getting the garden ready for spring and summer, I played with the dog, and in the evening I watched a James Bond movie with Milla, my host sister.
In brief, it was a wonderful Easter. I hope it was the same for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment